It’s no secret that the previous 12 months have been difficult; for many, the inability to visit the people and places we cherish has had a negative psychological and physical impact. So how do the calming sounds of trickling water and rustling leaves sound to help you rest your mind and body again?
Immersion in the sounds of nature has been shown to drastically lower stress hormone levels and increase positive thinking.
So how does it function? The relaxing and peaceful sounds of nature change brain pathways and lessen the body’s inherent fight-or-flight response. Spotify has a lot of relaxing nature music. Click here for more information.
Here are five methods for becoming lost in the amazing sounds of nature.
- Take a stroll and listen to the unique and distinctive echoes of the forest to discover new woodland noises. Watch out for animal activity and the rustling of leaves as these are signs that spring is approaching.
- Create Zen with your body and mind by doing yoga or meditation outside. This is a great approach to develop a new connection with nature. Sitting under a tree and taking deep breaths while allowing yourself to connect with wildlife is a classic method.
- The music of running water helps to reduce depression, and it has long been employed in meditation because it promotes a more tranquil tempo of mind. So explore the rippling streams. Additionally, a waterfall hike might be half the enjoyment!
- Turn off your technology and change your perspective so that you are gazing up rather than down. Watch and hear the birds as they communicate with one another from the treetops. Bird sounds reinforce our intrinsic connection to nature and have a subconscious function in helping us recuperate from stress.
- Find your sound by: You can choose the best relaxation app or playlist for you by browsing the many ones that include pre-recorded nature sounds. Or even better, get ideas by listening to our Spotify playlist.
Exploring Mother Nature’s soundscape can help you feel the difference in your mind and body, and she may hold the secret to a better and more fulfilling existence.