Today, it’s actually much easier than ever to have and live a lifestyle that is eco-friendly since products and services are progressively becoming environmentally friendly and safe. In the industry of health and wellness, such as the medical spa in NJ, going green isn’t something new. When running a spa, there are a lot more you could to make it green and eco-friendly even with the smallest things while at the same time aid in reducing carbon footprint and cost. Consider these ideas for you to create a more sustainable atmosphere and environment in your health and wellness spa.
FOR THE GENERAL FACILITY
- Have your local power company do an energy audit your business. You may not be knowledgeable of the amount of energy you are losing due to energy inefficiencies.
- Stock up with laundry and cleaning supplies that are eco-friendly.
- Make an investment by opting to have a washer, dryer, and water heater that have high efficiency.
- Set up and utilize programs and energy management systems that will switch off equipment that are idle.
- Make it a policy to switch off all electronic devices and lightnings in rooms that aren’t occupied.
Switch from incandescent to LED lighting.
- Normally, you discard printed sheets. Utilize these sheets as notepads or for draft prints
Go paperless by e-mailing newsletters and memos to your staff and clients. If unavoidable, go for fold-and-mail options since they do not necessitate an envelope.
- Opt for the use of direct deposit for your payroll.
- Order supplies by telephone or email and choose products that have the least amount of wrapping or that have packaging.
- Purchase supplies in bulk or in containers that are refillable to lessen, minimize or do away with the use of plastic bags in retail operations.
- Donate items that you don’t already need in your business to local charities or other organization for them to reuse like furniture, sheets, robes, and equipment. However, make sure that these items are clean and still in good condition.
- Acquire reusable commodities rather than disposable ones, like cups, mugs or glasses, batteries that are rechargeable.
- Sustainability policies and values must be clearly disseminated to all of your employees.
- Educate your everyone involved in your business regarding your green and sustainable efforts.
- Station signage to give your employees a friendly reminder of your green policies like to switch off equipment, lights and faucets when not in use.
- Reward and reinforce employees contribute to the cost- and resource-saving efforts of your business with prizes, perks, extra pay or recognition at employee meetings.